Sunday, June 30, 2013

Holidays - Day 2

And I am already tired.  I decided that I wanted to get all the things on my list done as fast as possible.  It is now 8 pm and I want a shower and to bed.  But I weeded the garden as much as possible considering how wet it has been.  I went out yesterday and it was like walking on a sponge.  By tomorrow it will need watering.  The kitchen is clean and the office is tidied.  I am biting the bullet and I ordered new internet.  they are coming on Wednesday to hook it up.  It is just getting so slow and  I can't even watch Netflix anymore.  I just hate the 3 year contract and all the costs that I already paid once, and now I have to pay all over again.  Hopefully it will be worth it. There are kids from the colony in the pool right now.  A couple of the girls had to go back as soon as they got here 'cause someone saw them in Jacob's car on the way here.  They will go back and walk into the colony to prove they haven't gone anywhere, then they will go for another walk and hopefully be picked up and brought back.  What a life.   Sylvie didn't bring any swim clothes, so I lent her a suit and she devised a way of tying her slip around her waist as a cover.  Tomorrow I hope to start cutting some wood.  We are getting down now and won't have any by next year unless we get busy.  It is supposed to be hot and sunny all week.  I picked a good week to take off.  I have two  more weeks off in August..... 2 weeks in a row!  I am not sure how that happened, but someone changed their holidays and I grabbed them.  I am also taking July 29th off... to go golfing!  Twice in one year.  Next thing you know I will join a league.  Summer is too short not to do something.  Even if it is embarrassing myself on the golf course.  Good thing they are fun tournaments and not serious.  At least not serious for me.  I'm sure the winners are more in to the whole thing.  Soon it will be late enough that I can have that shower and pack it in.  Jim must have been really tired yesterday 'cause he went to bed at 8:30 and didn't get up until after 9 am.  I had everything ready for supper by then.  Not that it is hard to put a pork roast in the slowcooker and make a batch of potato salad.  Jim is shaking his head at the kids in the pool,  He told them not to run and jump in, but they seem to have short memories.  He's already decided this is the last year for the pool, so if they split the sides  it will just be retired sooner.  And they will  have no pool all summer.  Kids!!!  ( and I think most of them are around 20!)  At least I got to go in it for a while today.  It was so nice just to float around.  (after I skimmed out the grass from mowing the lawn.... ooops!  I guess we should have put the cover on sooner)  Have a great Canada Day and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment