Saturday, August 2, 2014

And here I am, late Saturday morning

We have no plans for the long weekend.  Jim's birthday is Monday and he is trying to decide what he wants for supper that night.  That is our only dilemma right now.  Our garden was a complete failure, except for the Saskatoons.  It is our worst year ever.  I am seriously thinking of maybe moving the garden to another location next year, except that would mean starting over from scratch.  Jim thinks maybe we should load it up with fertilizer this fall and see what happens next year.  It is so disheartening to work so hard for no results. Jim offered to come back to work for 3 months, until Patty returns from Mat leave, but the powers that be decided to hire a student for 3 weeks and then worry about it.  We were all hoping they would hire Jim, cause we wouldn't have to train him on everything.  At least the student will only be expected to be a body in the office and do odd jobs for us.  Greg is coming out from Portage for 3 days next week.  He can do everything in the office, including accepting documents (which I am not permitted to do)  I think I will ask him to work on the plans that I have gathering in the vault.  everyday I try to get to one but all the other work has to be done and before I know it the day is over.We went to meat draw last night and there were very few people there (summer long weekend)  We bought more tickets that usual and still came away with nothing.  One man at our table won 3 times!  My big plans for today are to put the last of the Saskatoons into freezer bags. I freeze them on cookie sheets.  Then maybe I will clean the bathroom (be still my beating heart) At least I have 3 whole days before me with nothing that I have to do.  Sounds good to me.  Hope you have a relaxing weekend too

No comments:

Post a Comment