Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Neighbours leaving...

The next door neighbours who live n Holland will be leaving today to return to their home there. They are both still working and were here since end of June on vacation. They love it here and can hardly wait until they can return for good ( 3 to 4 years). But will be back again next summer for vacation. In meantime her sister across the street cares for their house while they are gone. It was nice to see and hear people next door. They bought a BBQ and tried it out several times. I guess they loved that and wonder if they didn't have one in Holland? We gave them several bags of ripe tomatoes, and parsley and garlic. She handed me a little ornament the other day of two small wooden shoes tied to a string the colours for Holland - red, white and blue. Today is a bit dull, but still nice to work outside. I was just cleaning up a bit in the kitchen before heading out- the table is covered with baskets of tomatoes - want any? We finished the construction of the arch in the back and now have created quite a special sitting area. I ate my breakfast and supped on my coffee there this morning. I went up to the bank yesterday afternoon, and surprised to run into on my way not one but three different people I knew and all wanting to talk. Usually I never see anyone!
Well time to get busy! How are things your way? Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment