Saturday, August 2, 2014

Here I am early Sat morn

There is a wash on, a coffee by my side, and a list of TO DO for today started. Harry has left for his garage sale journey, so I shall write a few words before I get started. Apparently the Lotto Max people made an error in not posting the winning numbers that were congruent with my ticket numbers - should I complain?
There are four bowls of ripe or ripening tomatoes on the counter - they are the small ones but nevertheless need some attention. Not enough to make ketchup, or even juice so I shall have to decide what to do.
Yesterday Harry decided he wanted to drive to Mattawa - about 60 km East of North Bay to see a Flea Market set up. It turned out not to be great but we drove into Mattawa and had a brunch (breakfast special) at a restaurant we had tried many years ago located at the marina on the Ottawa River.But it is picturesque area so a nice drive. Back to North Bay and to Sears to buy a pair of hiking boots for Willie. We had been looking for a pair (Birthday gift) but he hadn't found a good pair at a reasonable price. The day before he called from Sears to say they had a pair on sale and if he had them held over and put away on hold  for another day they would be 40% off. When I went in to get them the lady said if I used my Sears card they would be 50%off. So a $150.00 pair of boots cost me only $50.00 in the end with the discounts applied- Bonus! Harry only had one of his two pairs of glasses on order at the Store to pick up - 10 days after the order went in. So we got the one but with promise that Tuesday the other pair should be in. Means another trip up on Tuesday. The garden is starting to look neglected. The weather has been so cold and wet that things are growing but also starting to yellow and brown up. i need to cut the grass badly, but again has been too wet. Perhaps with forecast weather improved over weekend I can get out there and do some cleanup? In meantime, I have been trying to go through some craft/sewing notions to sort out into keep or chuck piles. The keep pile seems to be bigger than the throw out pile. Somehow can't force myself to do the chucking always thinking that maybe some day I might use it?? Pati, I admire you for making the tough decisions in your sorting out haha
Anyway, I guess I have procrastinated long enough - time to get at the day. Hope you folks have nice long weekend - what are your plans? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment