Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tuesday=exhausted

We started with a 5:45 alarm, and into the Doctor' full waiting room before 6:30.  I had spent Monday evening filling out my portion of the pre-surgical papers, to deliver to the surgeon in another part of the building, carefully separating the forms for my doctor.and putting them all in a large envelope.  Well, got into the examining room and no forms for him.  Quickly out to the waiting room and asked David if he would pop home and bring them off the kitchen table. He was back by the time the doctor actually joined me in the examining room. Definitely a "hurry up and wait" office. As well as the forms, we planned our approach to the surgery, resulting in a cortisone injection to the right knee right away.  He wants that knee to be as strong and painless as possible for the rehab, so if this works, he may do it again a few days before the surgery, even though the usual wait is 6 months not two.  The "fun" part of this is that the whole waiting room heard me ask him to get them for me, and the same people were still waiting when he got back. Evidently he had quite a conversation with a couple of them and a good laugh about the situation.

Then it was off to the lab, x-ray and EKG.  We got away from the building about 9:15, and I had a 10:30 on Main St North of the perimeter, and we weren't really sure of the address.  But we took the time for a quick breakfast at Tim's anyway.  For that I am grateful.

The other meeting involved assessing a conference facility for the annual get together of the western Canadian Fibre Art Network.  The conference is here in 2016, and the coordinator asked me to join her to look at this facility, as we had both been involved last time it was here.  A decent place and almost exactly what our group is used to in terms of facility, so we agreed that she would recommend it, when she attends the conference this year in Edmonton.

Then it was home and a nap.

It was hard to identify "joy" in the day, but as well as breakfast at Tim's, I was grateful to find out that the lab tests I had last time I saw the doctor, showed excellent results, and also to get up to a clean kitchen for the fourth day in a row.  I have been trying to wash dishes after supper, instead of staring at them for half the day when I get up.  Enough times, in the past, they don't get done for two or three days.  ( Not as bad as you may think, Remember I'm talking about pots etc as the china and cutlery all goes in the dishwasher)

Beth, I'm interested that you speak about freezing Blueberries.  I tried it last year and just couldn't force myself to eat them once they had thawed.  I take it you use the frozen ones in baking and not eating from a bowl.  Other than muffins, what sort of things do you bake..

No comments:

Post a Comment