Tuesday, August 12, 2014

sounds like a bad weekend all around

Nothing is worse than feeling rotten and still having to be up and at it.  You, more than most, deserves a rest once in awhile.  Try to take it as easy as you can, Beth.

My weekend wasn't much better.  For the past couple of weeks my back has been bothering me, but Thursday night/Friday was like nothing I've ever dealt with before.  I couldn't lay down.  After several hours of trying everything I could think of, I took T3 and was able to sleep for a couple of hours.  The episode has slowly been wearing off since yesterday morning.

This whole thing brought about a bit of an epiphany.  We have focused for so long ( over a year) on the surgery on my left knee, but, while this may improve my mobility a bit, it isn't really going to solve my problems or change my life dramatically.  I spent most of the weekend "navel gazing" and thinking about this.  I've decided to stop worrying about the future, and, taking a leaf from your book, Beth, live one day at a time, finding what joy I can within that day, and the people who touch my life. 

As is my habit, when making a life change, I had to find a ritual,to mark a transition into the new.  I went to the internet and found the pattern for that little owl, that we talked about last week.  I finished her yesterday and named her Joy, as my search will be for "joy", from now on.  So, now we are verbally stating a purpose or goal for everyday, and what we do outside of that goal will be an active choice, and not a "this must get done"  because of some outside influence. Obviously, this had to be a mutual agreement, between the two of us.  It worked well yesterday, using a stated mutual goal of taking a load to the thrift store.  Today we plan to cover a large piece of pressboard with construction plastic, so that I can use it as a work surface in the studio.

And here is my little "Joy".  Pattern available on request.


No comments:

Post a Comment