Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hot and dry

It's hard to believe that after a spring that saw so much rain that highways were being washed out we are now over dry and begging for rain.  Our "lawn" is dead, with the occasional alfalfa plant sticking up. The garden, as I said, was a complete failure.  I don't even want to plant one next year.  On the other hand Lynne and Dennis had the best garden they have ever had in their lives and with Lynne house sitting in Barbados since June, Dennis has been working his heart out trying to preserve the bumper crop.  When he gets sick of doing it he brings the extras to us.  We have been doctoring JJ this last week.  Two drops in each eye, three times a day.  She is not a happy girl, but her eye does seem to be clearing up.  The vet thought the infection might be systemic, so she also gets two antibiotics every day for three weeks.  That part she likes 'cause I coat the pills with cheese whiz.  Jim is looking at getting a 4 ton electric log splitter.  He wasn't sure about them, but he knows a couple of people now who have one and they say it works great.  He can buy it, but will he use it?  I can't believe it is already the middle of August.  Summer was so late in arriving and now it is almost gone.  Maybe the Gods will smile on us and summer will last for a few extra months.  Jim has crawled out of  bed, so I guess I have to go and be civil to him.  Oooops  He just stubbed his toe on the leg of my chair.  Now I really have to be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment