Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pumping rain...

I was pumping from about 3 am this morning. By 6 am it started to subside so time for coffee and relax. I went downstairs to find the pasta machine and heard "drip,drip,drip...drip" and looked up to the rafters to see water leaking from a pipe. I could have cried!  So for the next few hours I was moving and clearing in prep to call the plumber. It takes maybe two days to clear enough room for him to come in. In this case i had to empty and then remove a five shelf huge unit covered with full jars of preserves. Right now they are in boxes on the picnic table outside under a tarp. it was about this time in my work that i thought to check the upstairs bathroom because in the past the rain has come in there from the roof. Sure enough it was wet in spite of my climbing on the roof long ago with the silicon gun! I had put  plastic protective cover downstairs from the ceiling to the floor to catch the leaking water but when I looked there was no water.  So the detective in me deduced that the water had dripped from the roof to the basement. Now, you say, that's not good! No it isn't but it's what I've got to live with right now. So I think I have NO leaking pipes but will check closely for awhile. I put the call to the plumber on hold as well.  And, what to do with the preserves? Oh, who knows....too much to think about for now haha!
Right now I'm going to have a bath and go to bed. Tomorrow we go to a Visitation in Burk's Falls.  When Harry's parents moved in 1977 from the farm to the town, they actually traded houses with a young couple. Now the wife has died (at 68 years) so we shall go to pay our respects. They were always good to Harry's parents, and the husband was a pall bearer at Harry's Dad's funeral.
Take care - stay dry!!
ps we made pasta this afternoon on a new machine Harry got at flea market. It mixes the dough in the bowl and then squirts it through the disk of the shape of pasta you want and out the nozzle. At least this is what it is supposed to do. What a laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment