Friday, August 22, 2014

Wow! Where was I yesterday?

Not strictly true.  We drove toward the mall in some very heavy rain.  Saw a poor young woman pushing a baby stroller down the street.  She had another one with her 5-6 years old who was trying to stay under an umbrella and keep the umbrella over the baby at the same time, and the rain was so hard that you could barely see across the street.  I sure hope they made it home safely.  Nothing in this morning's paper though.

Well, we signed the contract for the bathroom renovations.  Replacing the flooring, and whatever part of the sub floor has been damaged.  There is a lead flange below the toilet that needs to be replaced, and then the toilet will be replaced as well, with a higher, more sturdy one.  They expect to do the job in mid-September.

I picked up my new glasses this morning, and then got a call this afternoon that my sunglasses were in.  It will take awhile to get used to these as the frames are heavier than any I have worn before.  They look heavy and black, but in the sun or good light the blue comes out.

My joy today and yesterday comes form the fact that my brain is full of ideas and I have been able to spend lots of time in the basement the last couple of days.  The more I do, the more ideas seem to come.  It's almost scary!  Bought paint yesterday--what a treat!

Nothing else going on here.  Lots of reality shows on tv, maybe a bit of poker tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment