Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Keeping in touch

Seems a few days since I wrote, and if I want to see messages from you folks, I better pull my share as well!
Really busy - this harvesting is all consuming. Tomorrow it will be another batch of ketchup - bought more ingredients today and the tomatoes keep piling up. And crabapples galore. Made one nice batch of juice so far. Harry started to pick more apples this afternoon while I went to the store and promptly quit when he fell off the ladder onto the cement blocks. Oh boy!
A few big apples are falling off the one nice tree and I collected them with intent to make "original Pancake House Apple Pancake" for breakfast tomorrow.I have the recipe out ready to get at it as soon as I get up ( and get a coffee in me) Speaking of coffee, I feel a little dismayed at hearing of the takeover of Tim Horton's by Burger King. We do not have a Burger King Restaurant near us. Used to be one in North bay but closed years ago. Time will tell what it will mean for Tim's but in meantime, I shall continue to enjoy every time I can indulge myself with a Tim's coffee or other goodies.
One day soon I shall be able to introduce you to my OWL. Every spare minute I have , I have been working away at her creation, and making good progress. Slow and steady seems to be my mantra to get the job done to my satisfaction. I went into that fabric store in South River this afternoon - the one that is closing end August. Now everything is 75% off but little is left. Two ladies were having a ball buying up metres and metres of fabric by the bolt. I had a look at the remaining fabric selection and nothing interested me.  I don't think I ever intended to buy anything anyway, as I have so many boxes of fabric on hand that I could use if and when I get involved with a project.
We confirmed our volunteer commitment today with the Fall Fair organizer for the weekend. We have to go at 11 am Thursday to set up and they will be providing a meal at supper for us.We do NOT have to go Friday as previously stated, but then go again at 9 am Saturday to help with parade, and then Cub Car Rally races. So it will not be as bad as I originally was led to believe.
So how are things there?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment