Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taking advantage of nice day today as...

...the next seven days calls for rain and the odd thunderstorms. I just walked the dog up to the post office - I was looking for a letter but alas nothing today. Something to look forward  to for tomorrow though. Then over to buy a ticket for lottery draw Wed night. This morning a I froze a basket of blueberries - one of two baskets bought fresh yesterday. And also with blueberries still in the fridge, I made a Crumble. Mike likes the rhubarb crumble so much, that I wondered what it would taste like if used same recipe but substituted blueberries for the rhubarb. In my opinion it is good but I only tried three pieces so don't know what the rest of the cake would be like. haha  Speaking of recipes, the other day in the grocery store I spoke with a lady ( stranger) about gardens and too much rain and mentioned I made my own ketchup. She was so interested she asked me to write down the recipe. So from memory, I scribbled it down. When I got home I checked my recipe and it was right except for one glaring error! I wrote 3 TBSP of dry mustard instead of 3 TSP. (I was thinking of the mustard pickles I had made last week that called for 3 TBSP)  I have no idea if she will actually try this recipe but if she does, I hope she likes her ketchup hot, hot, hot!! Next week is the week Harry volunteered my services for the Powassan Fall Fair.Apparently I will be the scribe for the Judge - I am to write everything down and ensure the right entry gets the right prize.I have to go Thursday Aug 28 to help set up the tables etc, then Friday to help judge, and then Sat for the Parade to help, and then Sunday to help with Cub Car races. Harry is a Parade marshall and will also help with Cub car.races. We are supposed to get a free meal for our efforts. I could think of others things to do with my time.  My friend Sue is going away to England for a trip in September but she wrote to book a date in Oct for our regular fall luncheon together. So I confirmed and we penciled in Oct 15 Wed. The date rang a bell with me for some reason, and when I checked my day book, sure enough, my annual dentist appointment is for 7:30 am that very day.  But I think I'll keep both as the dentist appt usually take max an hour, and if I need work they schedule another day, so my mouth won't be frozen. At least that's my plan....let you know haha. I also had your Sx date marked for that day as well Pati. So one busy day ....We dug all the potatoes yesterday and were lucky to get two 4 qt baskets of nice size potatoes. When I did the freezer in the morning I found a lovely standing rib roast so cooked that for supper. Nice meal all around!  Take care folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment