Monday, December 15, 2014

A little chuckle on my part....

.......to read and see your pictures of "cookie making". I had just finished baking my own batch of cookies and decorating them. My dough cut outs of a tree, a bell and a star are favourites from the past. Oh, to have had little helpers just as you did Pati!!!  I stood all alone rolling, and cutting and baking, and mixing icing, and coloured sugar in little dishes. Just like we always did at home, and just like I always did with my two when they were little. At the same time Cathy writes about The Messiah, and I had my CD of the same name playing as I always do at Christmas time. So who says we are not close at heart ( even if miles between indicates otherwise)
Going through that sloppy mild time right now that you both spoke of earlier. We had bought a turkey last week and I had it in a plastic container in my big outdoor freezer!  I had to quickly reorganize the freezer indoors to make room for it because it would have thawed with these mild temps.  And tomorrow Harry wants to go to Walmart in Huntsville to buy a bigger turkey to take to Mike's for Christmas - they are on sale $0.75 / lb. I have no idea where I will put it. I guess I will have to take out more stuff from the freezer just to accommodate this other turkey. The best part was that a huge standing rib roast was removed from the freezer to make room, and cooked yesterday for supper. I have never tasted nicer more tender beef before. I made a point of boiling potatoes and cooking fresh carrots still left over from summer harvest to make a really decent meal. So often its always "pick up' meals lately which I tend to tire of quickly. Here's to a good week for all of us - take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment