Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Keurig machine

Most likely I really did wear out my old Keurig machine with too much use??  It has been misbehaving for some time now, and this morning I had had enough. It is a closed unit, and even though Harry has tried to look at it, and got it working once, it stopped again.  I thought we might get a deal this time of year with all the sales. Canadian Tire was our destination and ultimately the store to purchase a new upgraded model Keurig 2.0. This machine will give you a single cup, or a carafe of coffee (4 cups) The only drawback is that this machine will only let you use K cups or K carafes that have the official Keurig Logo . I actually tried tonight after I set it all up to brew a cup a tea but the machine said "oops" and would not let it work with the K cup I used ( not an official Keurig Logo). So I am stuck with a lot of Kienna coffee pods, K cups and accessories now that won't work in this new machine. I do have a spare one cup Keurig machine though that I keep on the shelf, so as a back up I will be able to use it with the old stuff.  
We are into the deep freeze same as you folks. The ground is covered with hard packed ice from all the rain a few days ago so the walking is very treacherous, and very dangerous for one who is deadly afraid of falling and breaking something!
I loved to see your hexis Pati sewn together in circles and wish now that I had not sewn mine into little 'flowers' as I went along. I'll still continue as I am doing since I am really just experimenting, but your idea gives me new ideas for another time!
We are going to have home made little nibbles of deep fried treats - meatballs, bacon covered  beef, etc for New years eve. Harry likes to make these and in checking out boxed hors'doerves it was cheaper to get the ingredients and make our own.
I got a double DVD from Mike for Christmas -the two  Crocodile Dundee movies - and since I loved this movie, and it's sequel, I will enjoy watching it - has been years since I last viewed it.. And then i hall start to take down the tree and decorations. Sad, but in a way refreshing to start anew for the coming year.  I shall miss getting up and turning on the tree lights and sitting with my first morning coffee in the peace and tranquility it offered.
Well, bed time. Take care everyone. What are your plans for New Years Eve and New Years Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment