Friday, December 19, 2014

Always good to know......

Thanks for that tip Pati, and sorry you did not get to enjoy nice dumplings with your stew!  I wish I used my slow cooker more often. It has actually moved from the counter in the kitchen, to a shelf in the basement.  I would enjoy meals cooked in this fashion but not a favourite overall here.  I have been eating cabbage rolls these last few nights. One of the meals "taken out" of the freezer in order to accommodate the two ( not one, but two) turkeys we bought in Walmart the other day. Really a bargain to get grade A for 75 cents/lb. Today I achieved a great deal and feel that I am ahead of the game now for Christmas. The weather is supposed to turn bad Christmas Eve into Christmas day. OK for us as we are staying home but Mike and Erin are driving down to Toronto to visit with her family, and I worry so much when I know they are on the highway this time of year. We are planning to have a Christmas Dinner at their place in North Bay on Dec 28 when they are back home.
I am planning my cinnamon buns for Christmas morning here - I am the only one eating them but I will not give up "traditions" and tend to persevere for their continued existence in my life.  Now here is the question?? I have leftover mince meat and wonder if I dare incorporate this into my cinnamon buns instead of raisins and cherries? What do you think? Ugh or not?
Well, Friday night and time to dream about winning the Lotto Max - only $21 million tonight, though, but I guess we'll take it!!  Have a great weekend everyone. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment