Sunday, December 7, 2014

Yesterday's sale

|After the terrible expoerience of an alarm ringing at 5:30, we were up and off to the sale, via Tim's.  We were one of the first in line at the loading dock and had everything inside and set up by 9:00.  Then we sat, ate our Tim's donuts and watched everyone else scramble and run around like the sky was falling.  We took turns walking around to see if there was anything we might want to buy.  The local library had a big display of second hand books and David found one he wanted, while I found a scarf that i couldn't live without.  It is one of those curly scarves that were all the rage 3-4 years ago, and being offered for sale at less than the cost of the yarn.  There were several vendors trying to unload these scarves, so I have to guess that the fad is really over.  Anyway, it matched the outfit I was wearing and I proudly wore it--and may even wear it again one day.

Sales were quite slow, but I finally sold two older pieces, and five small purses--enough to pay for the booth and gas.  It was nice to see my friend Vivan getting along well.  She had the same surgery as I did, but 5 days later.

We had some A&W coupons, so stopped in Lockport on the way home for supper.  The woman must have been in the Christmas spirit, as she let us substitute an order of onion rings for the French Fries on the coupon.  They've never let us get away with that before!  Then home and veg-out for the rest of the evening.

This is the last of the active commitments I have before Christmas, and I'm sort of glad.  I now have a ocuple of social engagements, but more of the sort where you show up and enjoy yourself, than anything that is going to mean any major involvement.  Today, I exchange ATC's, and mine are ready to go.  Tuesday  my Tuesday Stitchers are having their annual Christmas luncheon at the local Olive Garden.  I have at least two projects in mind, and the beginning of a glimmering of a third.  Two of them involve a lot of fiddly work, of which I have pictures on the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment