Thursday, December 11, 2014

Winter respite

I feel guilty telling you how nice it is here!  Very little snow and temperatures at or above zero.  I know we will pay for it later, but I sure am enjoying it now.  I'm hoping to get down to see Chloe soon.  Every weekend I have been busy or Kris has been working.  He is off this weekend, but I am going to the Community Choirs' presentation of Handel's "Messiah"  Rrain sings soprano in the choir.  I was at the Choraliers concert last week and it was really nice.  They had 8 different choirs from the area (school and church mostly). And, yes, Rrain is in that choir too.  Oh, and today she says she will probably be joining the united church choir.  I asked her if she realized it meant she had to go to church on Sunday (and rehearsal!) but she loves the music. I don't know when we will be celebrating Christmas around here.  I  had hoped to have Christmas in July and avoid all the rush, but Kris and family are going on an Alaskan Cruise next July so that sort of kills that plan.  Nancy's family is having Christmas in February, so that month is gone, and January is Ukrainian Christmas which Sandi's family has.  I might be forced to Christmas Day.  Maybe we will go to Killarney at Christmas and just take the food with us to cook there.  Jim made lazy cabbage rolls last night and I am sure there is enough left to take us through the weekend.  At least I don't have to plan anything :) I saw Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on TV last night.  The one with Burl Ives from years ago.  It sure looks dated with all the animation they have these days, but it seems to be a Christmas classic.    Time to get back to work.  The week is almost over and Christmas is only 2 weeks away.  The years go by faster and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment