Friday, December 5, 2014

Baby, it's cold out there..........

But not much snow. So that's good, eh? Keep hoping that the snow will not be as much this year in spite of that early scare we had last month. Have been rounding up our shopping for gifts and seem to be making headway. Yesterday the friends we have in Sprucedale surprised us. They came to the house with a gift basket for us. And the surprise was, we did not have the basket for them ready! We exchange a token gift basket each year. They were the couple who live across from Harry's Mom and were so helpful in her care. What started as a thank you from us one year way back has continued each year even after Mother's death. So....off to Huntsville in the afternoon to shop. Then I spent some time last evening wrapping each item. Today I will organize the basket and wrap in clear wrap with a bow on top. Harry always goes to the Seniors flea Market in Sprucedale on Saturdays, so he will drop it off to them. I have made a batch of Cheese tarts, and some mince tarts. Usually these are eaten only by me (yummy!) Harry bought a homemade Carrot Pudding at a bake sale for me. I love steamed pudding but never make my own. So as a treat, I also made some hard sauce with rum. I have had a couple of helpings so far. I steam it in a pot on the stove for about an hour just to warm some up, and then top it with sauce. (again, yummy!) and I wonder why my weight keeps climbing haha  Well, it is friday again and where did the week go?? Hoping you have a good Sale Day Pati, will be thinking about you. What will you be doing Cathy? Enjoy the weekend. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment