Friday, December 12, 2014

Awakening

Since Sunday, I've been trying to reduce the number of pain killers I take.  It's going well.  I'm also feeling the positive effects of having been taking an iron supplement for the past two months, and reducing my BP meds. I have energy, I'm working like a fiend in the studio, and am actually producing new work and am able to visualize potential pieces. ( Housework be damned!)  But--and it's a huge but(t)--lol)--eating like a horse.  Yep, after a year of poor appetite, and slow weight reduction, the old me is back in business, just in time for the holiday season.  Ar-g-g-g-h!

Last evening, I watched the movie "Maleficent" on my laptop.  Not the best way to see a movie, but I quite enjoyed it.  I was a little disappointed in Angelina Jolie's performance after reading that she was a potential Oscar nominee, and surprised to see that she was listed as Executive Producer, although maybe I shouldn't have been.  None the less, a good movie, and I recommend it.  I was less impressed by this week's The Quilt Show, but it still inspired me to consider re-visiting Kantha techniques, (poorly represented on the show).  I have to produce a response to a challenge requiring some sort of piece using "line" as the principal artistic element, and Kantha may satisfy that challenge quite nicely.

As mentioned, the housework has suffered for awhile now, but, if I have this energy, maybe some of it should be directed domestically??  I'm committed to some baking this year ( what on earth am I going to do with two litres of glace cherries?!?), and my butt really needs more goodies!  So this weekend will probably be spent in the kitchen, along with a bit of grocery shopping.  And speaking of grocery shopping, it might be beautiful where you are Cathy, (and I'm sure it is) but here it is just dirty and wet.  We are going through washer fluid like mad, and everything,( purses, clothing, boots, floors etc) seems to attract dirty slush. The car is now dirty grey inside and out.  I have to check the license plate to make sure it's mine.

David is up.  Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment