Thursday, December 11, 2014

Here it comes again....

After a nice reprieve from the snow, we are hunkering down for another blast today. All school buses are cancelled and I see the snow and winds have already started out my window. No plans to go out on the roads today, so I'll just stay home and shovel! Likely walk up to the mail as I have been doing these past few days. The other day after Harry arrived home from his shopping trip to Huntsville, he desired Chinese food for supper. The local restaurant was closed so we drove to the next town to Wong's Delight. We had taken out from there years ago but were disappointed. So with some misgivings, we ate in there. Delightfully surprised at a delicious meal. First time I have really enjoyed Chinese food that much. I do not know if ownership has changed but I would eat this again if ever in the mood. Doing some wrapping and watching Christmas movies at same time. Yesterday I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. What a crazy but classic movie! I have my favourites that I will soon start to watch as Christmas draws closer. White Christmas, The Polar Express and Miracle on 34th Street, are a few I love year after year.Starting to receive Christmas cards every day now - I just mailed mine and although they were made out way back in November, I didn't mail them too early.This is the only time we hear from some people, and as the yars pass, you never know if theses people have suffered losses etc so sometimes hard to send out cards addressed to folks who you think may have become ill or died? As well, gradually I have started to delete some other from whom we have not heard for years. Time for another morning coffee and sit by the tree before the days starts in earnest. I enjoy this time of morning and maybe why I get up so early haha Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment