Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing day gift

David was out to buy milk early this afternoon--via Canadian Tire.  He bought me a storage rack--some assembly required.  I have no idea what it is intended for, but we have put it in the studio.  You may remember this cedar chest.  I believe Daddy made it for Mom while he was stationed in Ottawa during WWII.  I have used these baskets as a means of sorting  catch-all stuff, and keeping it within my vision, so that it doesn't get forgotten.  The contents change once in awhile.  However, David accuses the stuff of trying to catch him as he walks by into the bathroom, so I think he sees the storage rack as a way of getting rid of the baskets.  Not likely!

So here we are getting the first bits of the rack assembled.


You can see the containers in the above picture.  They are soft-sided with a rigid base that fits inside.


 Above David is working on the first step of placing all 12 of the rigid bars into the holes in the side supports.

And here it is ready and waiting for the containers to be placed inside and filled.  And wouldn't you know that I would forget to take a picture of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment