Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Update

Saw my surgeon this morning, and he was pleased with my progress.  He also took a look at the other knee, and I am now on the waiting list to have that replaced, with a general date of April or early May.

Everything is wrapped except for one small token gift.  We couldn't find a tree that was in any better shape than my old one, so it's set up in the living room.  We did discover that the fairy lights needed replacing. So David checked at the Canadian Tire store on St. James St. on our way home from the hospital.  He found a very nice set of coloured lights, so our tree will have a whole different look this year.  I haven't yet tried to add any of my crystal icicles and ornament, but it will get done.  Yesterday we completed our annual search for coarse ground Scottish oatmeal.  Not easy to find. We did come across a package that was labelled "Scottish Oatmeal" but was the finest grind I've ever seen.  However, we also found a package of "steel cut oats" that appear to be exactly what I want.  At least suet isn't a problem, as we bought so much last year we have enough in the freezer for the next decade.  (Although I did have to explain to Amber what suet really was.  I don't think she was impressed.) Both of my children have told me that there is no way we could prepare too much dressing, so everyone is going to make a batch for Christmas dinner.  We have pretty well reached the end of the extra money we had, so have to go back on the budget starting today.  It was a good run, and both David and I picked up a few things we needed ( he actually bought himself a pair of winter dress boots--OMG!  I don't believe it!)  And quite fine they are, too.

Beth, I know exactly what you mean about a few minutes of time to yourself just to relax and enjoy the ambiance of the lighted tree.  I don't necessarily sit down with a drink, but love to pause and enjoy the sight of the lighted tree in the dark of the room, when passing by.  To me, that peaceful feeling, however fleeting, is what I search for during the holidays.

My Artists' Trading Card group will be meeting on Sunday, and I had prepared 12 cards, as the most we have ever had a meeting is 8.  However, an e-mail came out saying that 14 people have RSVP'd, so now I have to scramble to make two more.  This after David had taken all of the supplies downstairs, and I had put them away, including the embellisher. These last two may not be as fancy as the first few, and certainly won't be needle felted. So for tonight, my task is to finish those and make up one last label for Saturday's sale.  I better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment