Thursday, December 25, 2014

Family time

And here we are enjoying a toast to our being a family!  From the left is Jeremy, almost 18, then Judie Shipp, an honourary family member, at Christmas.  Next to her is Jessica, and you may notice that her hair is the same colour as Judie's--a Christmas gift.  Then Darren, and Samantha.  At the end of the table are Amber, me and Loren. then Sheila and Gillian, almost 16.  David volunteered to take the picture.

We had dinner and then opened gifts.  After that we played a game of Sequence, that Jessica and Samantha got for Christmas.  Samantha was able to play, assisted by Sheila.  Then we tried a game of 31.  I never say anything when we play 31, but on family occasions, I remember Beth, David, and I . along with Scott Thomson, playing it with Phyllis when Daddy died.  It is the strongest memory I have of that time.  Then David and I started to pack up while some of the others tried playing a another game the girls got for Christmas, called "Heads up".  It seemed pretty bizarre - from what I could hear, and then when we were heading for the car Loren was muttering " What a stupid game!"  All and all, a fairly normal Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment