Sunday, May 31, 2015

Throw in Ontario, too....

I feel your pain Cathy!  We had another scare last night but this time  we were spared. The worst fear was that yesterday Harry decided to move all the house plants outside (as we do every year) in spite of a warning of low temperatures for overnight. I moved some into the greenhouse but there was no way I could cover everything outside- Harry has most of all the tomatoes planted in pot, and has really gone all out with flowers in our back rock garden where we are sitting now. It is truly beautiful but not for potential frost warnings!  Anyway, we missed that bullet but I was awake all night checking the temps with idea of having to go out and move house plants inside, and maybe spraying  Tonight it is supposed to be 5 degrees, so maybe we are OK?  Pati, I think sometimes you have the better of it - no worries about frost? What do you have in your garden now that might be touched?
Right now I am wrapping some gifts to take to Mike and Erin's on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will start to bake the cakes and goodies. it is still too cold and windy to work outside but I probably will later.
Best news for me --it's all gone !! My hair that is. Friday morning I called the hairdresser at 9 am when she opened and sure enough I got an appt for 11 am. Yeah!!! So short  and so satisfying! It's amazing how a simple haircut can make you feel so wonderful!
Pati I remember well the time when you were making that Bird Quilt. What a surprise for sure! That must have jarred your memories. It is a tribute though to you that the legacy of that quilt will endure.
Well, back to the grind. Keep us informed about your garden Cathy - I'm interested.Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment