Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Fresh bread

Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread. Just took a loaf out of the bread machine. And then cooked a pot of Red River cereal. This I shall enjoy for breakfast tomorrow morning.  In the morning I always have an urge for porridge or hot cereal and never want to actually cook it then. So I usually just have a quick toasted bagel or raisin bread.  So now I have no excuse not to enjoy my Red River cereal. Just heat and eat - quick ! 
Yesterday my friend Cheryl called from Winnipeg. This is the couple who cruised around the world and then sold their house in Petawawa and moved to Winnipeg end of April.  She invited me to have dinner at their place on Dec 29 - they would be celebrating their oldest son's birthday - he lives in Headingly.  I declined of course, saying my time in Winnipeg was limited and I intended to spend it all with my family. She accepts this but says if there were any time to meet for a coffee or lunch to let her know. I will definitely give her a call while I'm there but do not intend to gallivant about. So be warned , my time will be spent solely with you - if you tire of me you can confine me to the basement for a time out haha.
How goes it with you folks?  Slight bit of drizzle today but still wonderful weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment