Sunday, December 13, 2015

Recipes

Well, I do not have any recipes from family such as you mentioned, and certainly nothing from Grannie. I am not familiar with Aunty Margaret's vinatarta either, so I shall ask about that when I see you.
How can I forget Madame Benoit. I had the same binder of recipes as Dad did - I think it must have been about 3 or 4 inches think.  I wonder if I got rid of it, or else it is buried somewhere in the basement. It was my bible for any years, but at a quick glance I cannot see it on the shelf with the other cookbooks right now. 
Rain, and drizzle and then more rain have been the order for this weekend. I stayed put mostly - fighting a cold that has me in it's tight grip. But a good excuse to sit and watch some of the Christmas movies I treasure this time of year.  Wednesday we go to Hunstville to visit the fine lady at the Nursing Home, and also for my mammogram appointment at the Hospital. And then Saturday we go to Mike and Erin's for Christmas celebration with them. Before I know it, I will be on the bus. Today I tried on some slacks to get an idea of what to pack. My suitcase space will be limited, so want to bring just what I will need for the special outings, and for our time relaxing at home.
Well, (cough cough cough), it must be time for bed. I'm trying to put it off because trying to lay in bed, and get to sleep, seems to be a real challenge with this cold.  Scooby is acting strange these last two days as if she has something wrong with her rear mobility. If it is not better tomorrow I may have to take her to Vet to have it checked. I hope nothing is really terribly wrong with her - fingers crossed.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment