Sunday, December 20, 2015

Getting to the last few chores

Getting my hair cut has had a red flag on my "to do" list. Today, I decided was the day.  About 6 weeks ago I got a haircut, at a different branch of m usual place, and it was the one of the worst ever.  There is one woman I trust with my hair, and today, darned if she wasn't there when I went.  A wonderful surprise.  There were two others waiting for her ahead of me, and another woman ready and able to cut hair, but once I saw Wendy I made the immediate decision to wait.  It took an hour, but one of the best decisions ever.  I told her honestly what had happened, and she told me she could see that there was something wrong while I was sitting waiting. One of the people ahead of me, was there because of the same problem. For quite awhile it was the other customer, and the two hairdressers, and we had quite a chat, especially when it came out that we had both had our hair cut at same place.  As a result, it will be taken further.  I also found out that, if you get a bad haircut, go back right away, and it can probably be fixed.  You don't have to wait for it to grow out.

When I saw how nicely my hair behaved, once she had cut it, I almost cried.  This had been a real problem for me, to the point that I have been avoiding going out, and if I had to go out, made sure to wear a very unflattering hat.  I am so relieved.  It is as if a weight has been taken off my shoulders, and now I can relax and enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment