Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Shopping as well.....

Yesterday was my shopping day with Mike, and I had been looking forward to it.  I was at his place for 9 am as arranged. Fortunately the weather and road conditions were not a factor which often is a deterrent for driving to North Bay in "winter". Erin was not working and feeling a bit left out ( Mike plan was, after all, shopping for her) so we had a coffee and chat there before heading out to the Mall!  It was quite busy and so many people rushing about. No wonder one is hesitant to join the fray at Christmas time haha  We had a good day and accomplished most of what we wanted and then over to Fabricland on the other side of the city to finish. I think I told you that Erin has taken an interest in sewing and in fact I was able to see some of her decorating in the apartment - and handbags she has already fashioned. So some of her gifts are related to encouraging that interest.(I bought her a gift certificate at Fabricland so she can choose her own fabric.)
On Wednesday we are going to visit the lady Phyllis in Huntsville and intend to shop for Mike then. I got a few ideas from him just in passing while we were together.
I do not see why we must feel guilty about our treats. I do not know what Dr Phil's book is suggesting, but I hope you get a few ideas. Sometimes it is just sticking to a game plan, even if it does include chocolate cake for dessert. Right now with all our baking I have indulged myself as well. Harry made more cookies yesterday while I was out.  Today I shall make Rice Krispie squares and then that's all the baking needed. Harry likes them and I have the ingredients in the cupboard so it won't be a chore.
So here's to another day...and it is officially now December. Time is drawing near folks......Cathy when can we also officially start to count sleeps? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment