Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Oh no... a few flurries

Today the temperature went down a bit and we actually had some flurries and a bit of white covering the ground now.  Today we also did some baking. Harry pulls some recipes off the net and I try to make them. Most never turn out. He wanted coconut  macaroons and I made them - mixing coconut and sweet condensed milk and beating eggwhites and folding into mixture , and then made little pyramids of batter onto the cookie sheet. So far so good, and put them into the oven. Then disaster struck. As they started to bake, they separated and the liquid flowed out and surrounded the little mounds. Harry pulled them out and into a bowl and added baking powder and flour, and made little cut cookies. They baked OK but were a bit hard. I covered them with melted chocolate and I guess we'll have to eat them??  Yesterday it was an equally disappointing disaster for me, and I had to try to rectify that today. I guess we'll have to eat that as well. It's OK though, because I have lots of my tried and true recipes that turned out successfully that I shall take up to North Bay for the boys.(New York Slice, and Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares) I hope that will be all for baking for this year!
I'm all nice a shiny clean ready for my mammogram tomorrow in Huntsville.(No I did not put any deodorant or powder on haha!)
We'll visit the lady and do a bit of shopping before coming home. Thursday I am going to North Bay to do a few chores, and then Sat we go to treat Mike and Erin for lunch. They have chosen Boston Pizza. Have you eaten there?
Well, "beddy bye" time.  I have no books on the go right now having finished my Guardian trilogy last week, and don't wish to start anything new right now so soon before my trip.  I bought my ticket for the journey from Sundridge to North Bay yesterday, so all the arrangements are finalized now. Except, what to bring to wear? I keep changing my mind - not that I have that large a selection from which to chose haha. I'll think of something. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment