Friday, February 26, 2021

Can't sleep

 So here I am.  Not yet even 5:00 am, and I'm sitting here with a cup of tea.  I have been frantically on the go since Sunday, and today may not be much better.  I haven't done anything in the studio since Sunday either, but I have done some shopping.  The workshop I'm taking has left me with many, many ideas.  I've written some of them down, but, as always, one idea leads to another one.  I now have so much on my plate that I don't know where to start. Today I plan to make a plan.  (snort!)

Yesterday, after David's early doctors appointment, we picked up my sewing machine.  It is downstairs, but I haven't had a chance to even look at it yet.  I have some word processing work to do,  for Selkirk, that should take about 2 hours. All of the fabric that I bought in the thrift stores has been washed-twice. There was some suspicious dirt found in it, during the first washing, so a second was called for.  I suspect mouse droppings.  Two of the tablecloths I brought home turned out to be banquet size, so I should never run out of cotton Damask to dye.  That'll be on the "to do" list.  I expect that I'll want to do a lot of that. On my thrift store excursions, I also found a few hankies and other embroidered things that will be perfect for the "Little Gir1s" patterns that I ordered from The  Quilt Show.  These arrived this week, and have been carefully put away, until I have time to actually start work on them.  I hated to do this, but I just can't deal with everything that is down there calling my name.  Right now, the internet workshop, and all of its homework, gets priority.

Yesterday we also, finally, got the grocery shopping done.  After the very, very busy week I've had, once everything was put away, I went to bed and slept like the dead for almost two hours, but was still on my way to bed at 10:00, which might go a long way to explaining why I'm up now, and drinking my tea so early.  I have not had a busy week such as this since my time working across the city, with the family at home. I'm just not up to it any  longer, and know that it will take several days recover. But as of today, it will be carry on, yet again, but will a gentler time frame for completing the work--such as the laundry, which is on today's list.  Guess I have to get all those tablecloths out of the dryer, and sorted out, and put away--somewhere.  But on the other hand, maybe I'll just finish my tea and try to get back to sleep again.  I like that idea much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment