Friday, February 5, 2021

Out--but not for long. B-r-r-r-r-!

 As I mentioned last time, just keeping on carrying on. Our only excitement was a trip to the library this morning, and home again with a cup of coffee in hand.  Thank Goodness for the drive-thru.  It's cold and going to get colder, night time temps of -40, and even -57 with wind chills.  (Maybe wait a couple of weeks for the green house.)  Another afternoon spent on line with the Geek Squad.  I think the mysterious "BMustafa" name on our account is finally gone for good, and I'm hoping that my problems with downloading pictures is fixed.  I'll be checking that out after I finish this.  Then he did another virus scan for us, just in case.  Mine took 2 hours 40 minutes and David's is now at 3 hours 51 minutes and still going strong.  I don't know if I mentioned getting a small cut on my right index finger-very close to the end, on the pulp.  That has got to be the most annoying thing.  I try to favour it, but it still gets used and still hurts as a result.  No hand sewing since Monday, although I did try a bit this morning, and was forced to stop.  In my complaining to Gail, I had to try to explain EPP to her.  I ended up sending her a link to one of the Tula Pink videos on how to do the work.  I gave her a minute mark to a very short section so she could get the idea.  Well, she is watching it from the beginning, and expressing both amazement and amusement about how a person so could get so deeply involved in something like that.  She is quite fascinated with both the process and the woman.  Whatever makes her laugh.

Very little accomplished in the studio today, what with going out and then spending a couple of hours with Geek Squad.  Tomorrow I hope to do some more fabric painting.  I'm just about out of Prepared For Dyeing (PFD) fabric, and will have to think about getting more. I'm finding it so much better for both painting and dyeing, as well as being an excellent background for quilted pieces.  The thread is a little larger ( ?fluffier without sizing?) and denser.  I quite like working on it, and it's no more expensive than the regular Kona cotton I use.  I have to drive across town for it, but then I would have to go to the same place if I chose regular Kona cotton, anyway. I've been working on the action plan I developed and have pretty well decided on what pieces I will take, only two of which I have yet to make.  LOL  So best get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment