Sunday, February 7, 2021

Snow and more snow...

 This is our weather picture right now and I gladly take the snow and NOT your cold, burrrr temps. I just checked my 14 day forecast and if I read it right it appears we may miss those low low temps you are experiencing - I shall cross my fingers.  Besides Pati, it is too late for your suggestion to hold off on the heating of the greenhouse - it was done that day I mentioned it, and it is holding a temp of around 52 F right now and the snow and ice is melting from the roof and down the door. It is one sheet of solid ice so I may have to chip away at it to get in today. Harry has some parsley planted here in the house that has sprouted already and that I have to move into the greenhouse.  I hear the snow plough going past our place now so I'll have to get out in a bit to clear the driveway. yesterday i was at Foodland and the snow squalls came up with a vengeance while in the store. everyone was pointing outside with astonishment as you could not see at all and it looked like a white sheet had been placed over the windows. Once out it was very hard to manoever so i was inching my way home down the back road ( away from the highway) until I finally reached our street and at that time for some reason it cleared and i was able to pull into the driveway without trouble. The whole day was the same - alternating with squalls and then clear and then sometime a bit of sun.

Not doing too much around here besides the usual daily chores and a few trips to Pharmacy, Post office and Foodland. I wore a double mask yesterday to try it. A blue surgical mask with one of my fabric masks over top of it, and it felt OK. They are suggesting now that the single fabric masks may not be enough. What are you folks doing?

We ordered some things from Amazon quite awhile back that never arrived. I called Amazon and they were only too happy to refund the money with  a response that "things get lost". I know that shipments are being delayed so I expect perhaps these items really did get lost in the shuffle. maybe they will appear yet?  We have two more orders still pending so hope they might come but if not I guess i call Amazon again.

Hope all is well with you folks. I like to read your messages and see what you are up to. Driving to the parking lot to have a face to face visit in your car with Gail is quite a neat way to do it Pati - you must see others doing the same thing? 

Take care and be safe and keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment