Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday again already

 And, yes, that’s what I say every Friday. Since all the days are exactly the same it is one way to know that a week has gone by. We talked about actually going out for supper, but I think only two restaurants in Neepawa opened for dine in when the restrictions relaxed. One was Boston Pizza, which neither of us are that thrilled with. The other was Brews Brothers. If I had realized it was open we might have gone. Now that we know we just might leave the house for a meal. Jean stopped by for eggs today and Lucky barked at first but he really wanted to meet her. That is four people in a row that he has sucked up to after only a minute or so.  Really encouraging. I also let go of his leash today and let him run around dragging it. It took him a while to realize he was free and didn’t have to stay close. Then he ran in circles, faster and faster, and when he got too far away from me I called him to come and he did!  Of course the treat I had in my hand might have had something to do with that.😜. Now that it has warmed up it will be so much easier to spend some time outside with him.

I gave in and brought the cat’s tower upstairs for her (the one Bonar was taking to the dump but asked if we wanted it)  I wanted to leave it downstairs but the cat still doesn’t trust the dog. Anyway, she was so happy to see it  she was on both ledges and into the little house and attacking the scratching legs right away.   

Today we went to town. Mostly to get me out of the house. I find I am getting very depressed knowing that tomorrow is going to be exactly the same as today. (Hence my weekly “is it Friday again already?) We used the excuse of looking for a “kitchen caddy” to browse a couple of stores. I have one that holds paper towels and dish detergent etc. But it is very old. I have been looking for a couple of years but no luck. I did see something similar on line but it was $30!  One day.  And now on to the rest of my day

No comments:

Post a Comment