Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Forbidden topic?

 Yesterday David and I had a long talk about our future, and what  that might look like if one of us were alone. It was maybe a long time coming, and I felt much relieved afterward.  Part of the impetus for this was my promise to Amber that I would write up some sort of plan for disposing of my studio.  I did this over the weekend, and wanted to send both Loren and Amber a copy.  I know it has no legally binding effect on anything, but was more suggestions of what resources might be available to either donate or sell, all of my "stuff".  I didn't want to send something like this "blind" so phoned Amber, to warn her that it was coming.  We talked for over an hour. The best conversation we've had in years. We shared quite a lot of our lives over the past few years--our worries and concerns as well as joys.  As a result of both of these conversations, I was emotionally exhausted for the rest of the day, and finished the day with a good shot of brandy.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get in touch with Loren by phone, so I'm not sure what sort of reaction might come from that direction.  I can't tell you how relieved, and pleased I am that all of this happened.  Of course, now David and I have to set up some sort of action plan for our future.  That might turn out to be a more challenging task.

No comments:

Post a Comment