Tuesday, April 20, 2021

And so it begins.....

 Got a call yesterday offering me an appointment for an MRI late this afternoon. This was something quite new for me and not something I want to repeat.  I was tired and scared, walking in alone.  Then things got complicated with two nurses giving me different instructions, that I could barely make out as I wasn't wearing hearing aids--as per instructions.  One of them put in an IV, after having difficulty finding a spot to insert it, given the bruising I still have in both arms from my time in emergency.  She ended up putting it in on the back of my right hand.  I have to say, that after it was out, I couldn't see any mark to tell where it had been.  I mentioned that I was curious why it had been requested, and the technician read the exact instructions full of detailed obscure medical terms, with the only explanation being that they want to know if I'm suffering from some sort of degenerative neuromuscular problem.  I tend to think that the average 76 year old lady, slightly foggy brained, wouldn't know what he was talking about, or might have just enough general knowledge to be scared stiff.  However, he treated me well during the procedure, so I have to give him credit for that.

Tomorrow, I see my own doctor, and have a list of questions to ask.  If he's not rushed and in a good mood, he may answer them.  David will be with me, and I hope his questions are answered too.  I know he's worried about my headaches, the ones that I see as just another symptom.

Today, for the first time since my vaccination, I felt the "brain fog" lifting a bit.  I'm still very tired, but found myself able to putter, a bit, downstairs.   I now have my inventory list for the show, and everything is labelled and ready to go.  I want to type up the inventory, and will have to make my own tags for everything.  I'm just hoping that I have enough endurance to take an active part in the hanging next Sunday.

After a supper at A&W, and a shower, I look forward to relaxing for a few minutes before an early bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment