Thursday, April 1, 2021

Yes, the wind blows and everything closes!

 Official now....we, in Ontario, are now in total lockdown for 4 weeks. Probably will not make too big a difference in our lives except for the thought of it. Just in case though, we headed up to North Bay early this morning to take advantage of sales at the Metro Store. It opened at 7 am and we sat there in the parking lot until opening hour waiting.(that is to say, we were there early  haha!) But Harry had his eye on Prime Rib Roasts which were on sale at a good price. We got three and shall enjoy one of them for our Easter meal tomorrow. And i stocked up on paper goods and coffee pods and cleaning supplies. We ordered cat food from the net to arrive next week ( I hope) I have a full cardboard box of wine to get me going.  So all is well.

Hope you folks are doing OK. Let me know how it is there. I was on the phone for over an hour trying to book a Covid 19 vaccine. The local PHU put out a PSA to announce a clinic at the North Bay Arena over this long weekend and those 70 to 74 years could book an appt "by phone only". So picture me sitting with my phone ...busy ....busy.... busy  and then getting through and after pressing this and that got on hold with the booking people. After 15 minutes exactly the line was cut off. I did this three times until i spoke with a live person at reception who said because of the high volume of calls they were cutting off those on hold ( I wondered at the wisdom or even sense of that statement but said thank you and hung up for good!) I guess i shall have to wait for the announcement for my age group to register on line for the local Arena here in Sundridge the same as i did for Harry a few weeks ago.

Anyway I have asparagus and broccoli cooking in the steamer for supper tonight so better go. Have a lovely Easter weekend. Enjoy each others company at your respective homes and let's think about each other and send happy vibes. Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment