Thursday, April 22, 2021

Can there be too much eating out? (long)

 With my many interactions with the medical community, we have eaten out too much this week, and it's showing both at the scale and in the pocketbook. While I've been feeling that we might both need a bit of an award for dealing with all of the crap that's going on out there, but at the same time, I just haven't had the energy to both plan and prepare a meal.  David is a real help in that he gets most of his own meals together, but they tend to be quite routine, and not terribly in accordance with the National food Guide.

My doctor has told me that the assessment from St. Boniface did not suggest any correlation between Covid, the vaccination, and my recent difficulties.  He didn't yet have any results from the the MRI, as it had been done the evening before, and he promised to phone me with the results as soon as he has them. He agreed with the opinion from St. Boniface, and has referred me to a Neurologist from within the Clinic, believing that I could be seen within a month.  This is becoming quite frightening for me. It's not always a good thing to have some, but not a lot, of knowledge about such things. 

But I've given myself a job to divert my thinking.  We are increasing the pace of the dissolution of the studio.  It won't be easy when one can't use the excuse of knowing what might be done with something, without an accompanying idea of when and how it might actually happen.  So while I try to be honest with myself, David quickly removes things and gets them out of my sight, and, hopefully, forgotten.  We've only just started and very little has been accomplished, but there is intent on my part.  That's always been the stumbling block during other attempts.

The rest of the house isn't that bad, as we've spent some Covid time in sorting things, and throwing things out.  Not books though, so maybe I need to do a bit more work there. The daily housework remains a chore, but I'm trying to develop some sort of routine via my BuJo. I've set up target tasks and times, but have given myself permission to miss a deadline--even to the point of breaking a task down into components and listing the components separately.  Silliness, maybe, but it gives me a few non-demanding ways of accomplishing things, that work into my unpredictable energy flow.  I've been doing this for about a month, and to a certain extent it's working.  I'm also being quite vigilant in recording meetings and appointments in the BuJo, as a memory aid, and find that working very well.  But, there is nothing like finding that the book says I have a meeting today, of which I have no memory, and can't find the info.  That's always fun.  But I find that half of the meetings don't really matter, in any case.

Sorry this is so long.  Obviously I'm a little apprehensive about the future, but know that I can share with my sisters, and have their support, at a distance, in whatever that future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment