Sunday, April 25, 2021

Show hung. (sounds suspiciously oriental, doesn't it?)

 We appear to be managing day to day.  This week I've had the energy to putter at the housework, but didn't get a lot done in the studio.  The brain fog is diminishing.  I have an appointment with the neurologist for next Wednesday.  That was quickly arranged, only a couple of days between referral and the phone call.  The lady who called said "this is about your memory", which gave me pause.  I'm now suspicious that this  may be a psychologist, not a neurologist?  Just my normal paranoia, I guess.  But, I've looked back to my days doing dementia assessment after dementia assessment, and have been studying, just in case. I told Gail that I was studying for my dementia test, and she had a good giggle.

We hung the show in Selkirk today. Probably using the "royal we" there, as two other ladies did most of the work and David and I just watched.  The fourth lady dropped her stuff off, signed the papers and left, but David and I hung around until spots had been selected for my stuff, and the reporter from the local paper interviewed me.  She was interviewing the other two as we left, but I was more than ready to get home.  I had driven out there--just my second time driving over the past month--but David drove home.  Part of being in the show is that I have to volunteer, at least once a week, during the show, and am hoping not to be a burden on David in doing that.  There were only a few other cards, and the ladies were taken with my postcards, so some of them have been placed on the tops of a couple of low plinths within the show itself, rather than on a separate table along with the other cards.  It was also suggested that I take even more out, so this afternoon I played around with some of the Lino blocks I carved last summer.  I may get 5-6 cards from those, and it will give me something to play with. 

David and I talked about the larger quilt top I found in the studio, and he agreed that I might want to send it out to be quilted.  I called the lady and she'll be in to pick it up tomorrow.  That meant that yesterday was spent getting the back and batting cut and ready for her.  

So I'm still struggling with my energy level, but my head is clearer. I'll be interested in what might happen on Wednesday.  Until then, I have energy for housework but not much left over for the studio.  And vice Versa.  I can't do both.  But--ta da--I'm sure sleeping a lot better with using all of what energy I have, along with a bit of a tipple before bed, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment