Thursday, April 8, 2021

Finally nice weather

 Outside in the yard most of day enjoying the great outdoors and puttering around. The weather is most favourable right now with above zero nights and double digit days. We got much done related to the greenhouses and plants. I have started to do some raking but took time to go the store before the State of Emergency was announced and Stay at Homer orders given. I bought soil and manure and brown leaf bags at the Hardware, and stopped at the LCBO for a wine keg and case of beer. I know that the LCBO will remain open with tight restrictions but the Hardware will close to in side shopping. I also stopped at the Storage unit to retrieve the spring and summer jackets I had bagged and stored there for winter. I could not open the door as it was blocked with something inside. After a few hard pulls I managed to open it about a foot and down on my hands and knees peered in to see a cardboard box and a metal box stuck at the bottom and stopping the door from moving. It took me about 20 minutes of maneuvering very carefully with my hand inside until I could get my head in to see what was wrong and then my arm in enough to start to move the obstruction which was very hard indeed. But, i did it and voila   it opened. Somehow during the winter these items had fallen and fell against the bottom of the door. of course if the shed were not jammed full of stuff it would not have been a problem haha! Anyway another little adventure for me to manage my affairs with success. Actually the true success would be to eliminate the need for a storage unit all together. But hey, life goes on....

So another nice day and I expect we shall be outside again. Hope all is well there. Take care of yourselves and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment