Saturday, April 17, 2021

Coming to the surface

 Starting to feel normal, but the exhaustion is still hanging around, so pacing my work is the new mantra.  Right now I'm working on postcards.  In these shows, where there are 4-5 people in the gallery at one time, there is usually a table set aside for displaying greeting cards.  These are often photos of various paintings the artists have made, but my art doesn't lend itself readily to that.  At least, that's my story.  The truth might be more along the lines of my computer skills not being up to making that sort of card, but my skill in making post cards is well developed, and they might just prove to be something different.  Gail has lent me a clear plastic device for displaying them, and my goal is to almost fill it, but leave just enough room for browsing.

The snow is leaving, but not quite as quickly as it came.  I'm now at the stage of do I or don't I put the duvet away for he summer.  I know it was cooler than this when I brought it out last fall, but I still find comfort in curling up under it to sleep.  I had to wash both the wrist brace and the arm splint on Thursday, and have now had two nights without them, sleeping quite well.  But, alas, they are both now dry and no more excuse.

Today, we went grocery shopping and found chicken breasts on sale.  They have been so very expensive lately, and this price could not be ignored.  I ended up buy four trays of them, all of which had filet attached so two extra meals there.  Tomorrow is a meeting out in Selkirk, and I will be driving myself (unless I wake up totally out of sorts, and end up begging David to take me).  I expect that this will mean me getting home and being more than ready to nap.  That will mean a lost day in terms of studio work, but I've promised myself to focus on self care for now.  It won't be easy to do, but do-able, as long as I remain firm in my resolve.

My new hearing aid bothers me a bit.  This is the ear in which I have been wearing an "in ear" aid for about 25 years, so I don't think I can blame "getting used to it", as an excuse.  I'll have to make a decision by Monday, about calling and making an appointment to have it seen to.  Instead of trying to position as many errands as possible into one day, I'm having to adjust my thinking to spreading them out--not a good strategy during a Covid semi-lockdown.

Supper's finished, and as much clean-up as is going to be done, done.  My very special Saturday night tv shows start in 5 minutes.  Sleep well and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment