Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Still hanging in

 So much snow--probably more than we had at any one  time all winter.  After getting the patio furniture out just over a week ago, poor David had to re-organize his garage yet again yesterday, to get the snow blower out from where it had been stored.  He got the driveway cleared--there had been a fairly big drift right across just between the houses, as per usual.  We tried to leave early for my appointment at the Audiologist, and made it with about 5 minutes to spare.   So now I have my new hearing aid and a whole bag of "stuff" that goes with it.  It seems that they're really serious about how the device is cleaned.  I have sprays, wipes and cleaning clothes, and well as several different sizes of tiny brushes.  Then I have a little container that is plugged into the wall.  Every night I'm to put both devices into the container (without batteries) and close the lid. Then they are run through a 45 minute dehumidifying process followed by a sanitizing process.

There were so many stores I would have liked to visit while we were over on the other side of town, but common sense prevailed.  We came back to our neighbourhood along main streets, as they were less snow-filled and so less slippery.  Went to Walmart and picked up pills. Then we went to Smitty's for lunch.  We had both enjoyed our breakfast there awhile ago, and it was just as pleasant later in the day.  However, a more expensive menu was in place.  Finally, we stopped at the Credit Union, and paid off the credit card.  I had put the hearing aid on the credit card so as to create a bit of a paper trail.

Even with just these three things, and a good break/rest between errands, I was pretty tired by the end of the excursion.  As lunch had been quite late, there was no supper.  I managed the day without a nap for the first time in two weeks, but it was to bed early, and a solid sleep.

We had trouble starting the car, when we left the restaurant, so David is taking it in early this morning, so I'm looking forward to another quiet day.  Maybe I can play with the toys I got with the hearing aid yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment