Sunday, April 18, 2021

Life in Neepawa

I finally got my first Pfizer shot yesterday.  I was fine after the shot, but this morning I had a headache, I was tired and my arm ached.  By evening my arm is still a bit sore, and I am a bit tired, but that is it. And in 6 short days I will be 53% protected.... in 13 days I will be 70% protected and they have no idea when I may be able to get my second shot.  They are no longer even guessing.  I took the dog for a walk this morning but the wind was so bitter that we cut it short.  Where we usually cut through a trail in the bush and then come back the half mile from the edge of the quarter we paused in the bush, out of the wind, and then came straight back home.  I have yet to have the privilege of driving the new car, but it is just about the same as the old one.  When I am in it I only realize that it is new when I look outside and see red instead of grey.  It does have lane warning and front pedestrian warning on it.  Hopefully I don't need them.  I picked up some material for Rrain when I was in Brandon.  First I had to find an employee to direct me to where I was going.  Then I took pictures and texted them to Rrain, and then she texted me back and then I had to pretend that I knew what the people in the store were talking about.  They were very friendly (staff and customers) and were talking to me about quilting and what patterns I was going to use the material for etc etc.  One woman told me she was buying for pajamas for her 7 year old granddaughter....I said I was buying for something for my 45 year old daughter. I had no idea what.  Material is expensive!!  I bought 5 metres at 55% off, with a membership card and it was still $63!  I am also really pissed off.  They did a credit check when we bought the car.  My credit rating dropped 12 points.  Jim's remained steady at 36 points higher than mine.  And who pays all the bills in the family?! Who said life is fair.  And the weather is not very nice either.  It reached 19c yesterday.  Today it reached 1C and it snowed agaiin.  My new mantra is "moisture....be happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment