Monday, April 12, 2021

It appears to be Monday--again.

 I wish I could post an up-beat optimistic post, but it's not to be.  While I don't think the confusion continues, my energy level is dismal.  I'm managing to look after myself, and to keep up with the dishes ( a bit of a job, even with a dishwasher).  My sense of taste is not quite right.  I'm not even wanting to try coffee, and nausea ( but not vomiting) controls my food choices--which are not great right now. I appear to be living on bread and butter with a bit of chicken thrown in. We spend the day watching animal rescue shows on the higher channels of tv.  I haven't been in the studio in several days, but am working on perfecting my hand-done running stitch on hand dyed cotton Damask.  This is the most basic of all the hand embroidery stitches, and that's just fine with me.  I'm using some very good quality thread I was given, and I'm enjoying what is being done.

Loren was over for a bit on Saturday.  We had a good, socially-distanced visit.  He's doing a lot of biking, but still is looking even more like his father did a few years ago.  He talked more about his long range retirement plans.  Jeremy remains happy in a job he loves, but Gillian did not get into law school, although she remains on the waiting list.  Evidently, this list is not a dead end, and there is still faint hope of getting in, if not next year the year after that. But that means she has to think about getting more than a summer job, as she graduates this yea, with a degree in Criminal Justice.

Later that day Amber phoned, and we chatted for about an hour and a half.  After Jessica being diagnosed as learning disabled, the school made some adjustments in the way she is being taught, and she is doing well and enjoying school now.  She also, finally, got her first "A", in English of all things (93%).  This is a wonderful thing to happen for this family, although their finances have suffered with Darren not doing any guiding this spring.

With everything that's been going on, my appointment for my new hearing aid was pushed back, and is now tomorrow.  I dug everything I got with the last one, out of the drawer, and I'm shocked at how much there is and how little I've used over the past year.  And now I get as much again and more.  I think I need to start a better care plan for the darn things,  at least that's what all these extra supplies are telling me.

Well, that's my energy budget for the day.  Back to  wildlife videos.  Whoopee!

No comments:

Post a Comment