Thursday, April 22, 2021

I am so cold... I need some nice warm weather!~

 Good morning and hope you are all well as we approach the end of April. The weather is playing tricks on us with this cold and snow and it is starting to get to me I think. I lay shivering with cold all night so had a very restless night and consequently a little slow motion this morning. But I'll drink my coffee and start to unwind a bit by writing a few words. I just checked my Lottery numbers and even those showed no action. (ie I did not win)

Stayed inside all day yesterday because of the weather (except to take the dogs for their walks) and of all things cleaned the hall linen closet and organized it all, and have a few bags of unwanted items with which I have no idea what to do. I'll store some old sheets in the shed for potential 'covering up" outside as i know I will need those before this growing and harvesting season is done. And bags of new dishcloths ( why was I saving these anyway???) so I plan to use them now - just throw out all the grungy ones as i use them up.  And my next plan is to get the sealer jars organized so I will have them to make my Rhubarb Pineapple Jam in a little while. I have been watching the rhubarb gradually grow and I think I shall have a nice crop this year. I am anxious to get that done as I have NO jars of this jam left on the shelf from last year.

We continue to adhere to the restrictions in place and listen with great anticipation to the news all about our poor Premier who is getting a real lambbasting for the inconsistent messaging being put out by the government. Flip flopping with rules as the public protest. Someone on the radio called it a "gong show". 

So take care all...I am reading another Dorothea Benton Franks book.  Pati you recommended not to read them all back to back and you were right. The pattern in her writing is so predictable and i am tiring a bit of the way it is written - sort of rough colloquial language. But i will persist only because I can pick it up before bed and mindlessly read for a bit haha!   So long for now......💏

No comments:

Post a Comment