Monday, November 9, 2009

Be - Exciting compared to what I ask??

By my standards Patty your life is very exciting - my parallel to your diapers on dolls scenario is putting on a Poise when I go out so I won't dribble because I've had too many coffees in the morning! And since I unsubscribed to Ravenesque I don't get any more e-mails - I guess I cut off my nose to spite my face on that one!
The weather is contributing to some happy days lately as I have been able to go outside and putter away in the yard. I find this helps me to get my mind off other things and I've never seen our yard so well prepared for winter than this year.
We plan to go up to North Bay for the Remembrance Day Service at the Arena this year on Wednesday. Mike is part of the volley team again - I don't know how you spell that but it means he is part of the team that fires off the shots from the rifles at the appropriate moments during the ceremony. They look very smart in their official Military uniforms with white gloves and belts and their practiced timing is so precise that the eight of them sound as if only one shot were fired.
I have been giving my sewing some added attention as much as I can spare these days in order to finish the one quilt I have been working at for so long - I need to tidy up that back bedroom (Mikes's old room that I now use as a sewing room) in order for Mike to come for Christmas and have a bed to sleep on - the bed is piled high with boxes and I have my sewing machine stuck on a tiny table with all my stuff gathered around - so it needs some major cleanup if he is to have a bed over Christmas - he usually only stays for two nights or three but still needs some private space to spread out. So I will have to move everything - maybe down the basement for now. It may be a good time to sort out and throw out some junk or maybe I'll run out of time and just try to hide it all!
Anyway - hope Cathy is having a ball at home and that Patty is successful in her navel gazing. Take care - write soon and keep me informed OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment