Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Be - Time for a lift

It has been hard for me to read the last few posts and try to write anything of consequence when I have not exactly been having the greatest of days lately either. Maybe it's the weather, or the time of year, or something else but we all seem to be having a "time of it" right now. As with my way of thinking, I have to deal with what ails me on my own, but it gives me great comfort to know you are both there and to know in a second if I asked you would be happy to listen and perhaps offer a few words. So for that, I give thanks.
Up to North Bay today for violin and I must say that things are progressing quite swimmingly. I truely feel that I am improving, and this is being substantiated with positive comments from my instructor. We have been working on some specific techniques such as placing violin in proper postion under chin, holding bow properly, holding fingers properly etc, that are fundamental to my progress. Get it right now, and I shall be able to play that much better along the way. I still enjoy this little moment of time just for me.
Harry is sick with the flu and I just hope that I shall not get it. No sign of being able to get vaccinated in this geographic area - first I don't fit the priority categories, and second they keep runing out of vaccine. I take care to wash hands etc and try not to touch surfaces and then my face or mouth but it is really hard. Today for example, I was forced to shake a hand from someone offering theirs during an introduction. I did it, and then rushed to my car after and cleansed off with hand sanitizer before touching too much. Is this not a sign that we are being programmed to respond with great paranoia, anxiety and panic??
I had to take my car to the garage tonight after supper so it can be serviced tomorrow - ususally Harry will pick me up or vice versa when either of us takes our vehicle into the dealership. It is located on the Highway and is a good walk from home. But as he was in bed, I was on my own this time. Plus it was dark and so I found myself almost running along the edge of the Highway with an never ending line of huge transports passing me by and the glare from the headlights from oncoming cars near blinding me. I was ever so glad finally to reach the intersection and be able to turn off up towards my house. Stupid thing to do, but it does alleviate the need to go over early in the morning, leave it locked up over night, and put the key into the slot in the garage door.
Well, since I did not sleep even one minute last night, I intend to fall into bed tonight and go off immediately and sleep soundly the entire night. I know it is a dream but I can always hope! Tomorrow I have to do some more outside work and would like to be a little rested up - apparently they are calling for snow of all things in the next few days and I still have to put some things in order for the winter. That good old Alberta Clipper is pounding its way East and should hit us by tomorrow which means you folks are probably feeling its effects right now as I type.
So take care.....

No comments:

Post a Comment