Sunday, November 29, 2009

Winding Down from Yesterday

Yesterday was the Viscount Christmas Wish Sale. (They call it a wish sale rather than a Craft sale, because there are also commercial venders there for things like tupperware, spices etc.... home type businesses) Jim & I worked from 8-10 helping crafters unload, then Jim went off to clean the office. I worked 10-11 selling raffle tickets (we didn't win anything) and them 11-12 just roving the hall. All we bought was a pizza for supper and a tea leaf strainer. ( I also got a bunch of free sample of tea) We bought paint for the kitchen (green) and went back to town at 5:30 for the Parade of Lights. When I write it down it doesn't sound like much, but I was tired by the time we got home. Today we are going over to Gary & Jean's to watch the Grey Cup. Gary invited us over last week. He doesn't get out much since his stroke. Jim played a game of crib with me this morning but it was such a bad loss for me I don't even want to play Crib again! (I told him to let me win, but noooooo)The last of the laundry is in the dryer, and Jim wants to get a bit more wood cut today. I need a shower, but there is no way I will do that before we cut wood. I come out of it covered in sawdust and chain saw oil! I also have no committments on my calendar until next Saturday (I have to work a supper at the Legion) It is going to be kind of nice to just come home and putter. I have lots of dusting to do around here, but I am not going to do it until Jim is finished sanding the walls. It's just a waste of time . Tim called us yesterday. He has broken up with his girlfriend. I can't say that I am sorry as I found her very self-centred and demanding of Tim. I know he wants to find someone but I hope he doesn't convince himself he is in love just for the companionship. The dryer is buzzing at me, so I suppose I should fold the laundry. Pretty boring post, but I guess I am just vegging out right now

No comments:

Post a Comment