Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beading day

was less than stellar, not what I expected, but valuable for other reasons. I was at Dianne's by 10:00. No-one else was there, so Dianne and I started to fill in time by sorting through her bead stash. ( She has a big room with floor to ceiling shelving full of "stuff") By 12:30 we figured no-one else was going to come, so sat down to start stitching, and talk about lunch. Before 1:00 there was a voice in the hall and Ann Marie arrived. She had a bag from A&W in her hand,and said that she had thought we would have already gone for lunch! ( the plan for the day was lunch at Subway, and we had been expecting there to be about 5 people in total) So Dianne found food for the two of us and then we had to go through the stash, again, with Ann Marie. AnnMarie was just starting and had to figure out what she was doing, and Dianne was also planning a piece. So all three of us spent a lot of time "auditioning" stuff for both pieces. ( I had taken one, planned out and the supplies for it) Dianne had to start with showing the basic stitches to Ann Marie, and I stitched along on my piece. By 4:00 I realized that my stitching wasn't working, and took it all out. And by then it was time to head home. So I came home with some new ( to me) beads) and my piece in the same state as I had started with. Dianne and I had bartered a lot of stuff, and I even bought some things from her. This meant that yesterday I had to re-organize my entire bead storage. Anyone want some picture frames--I have a full Safeway tote to get rid of.

David is sick again--this has been on and off ever since he had the seasonal flu shot---in October. It always affects his lungs, and when he is having coughing fits all night, he usually sleeps in the spare room. So now I'm getting far too used to sleeping all by myself in the big bed.

But otherwise it's "same old-same old". He watches tv and plays poker and I work in the basement. I've been reading more of Andrew M. Greeley--his novels as opposed to his mysteries ( a different section of the library) I'm not recommending them to David because they are so very heavy in religious theory. Good books , despite that or maybe because of his very clear explanations of history and doctrine. But I've also discovered Stuart Pawson's British police procedurals with DI Charlie Priest. These are a little different, and contain a fair bit of humour. I cautiously suggested to David that he try one, and he has now jumped right in--even to the point of reading them before I get to them--not our routine at all.(lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment