Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reality returns

Back at work again this week. I was right, there was a lot of work left for me, but Patty did really well. She says by Friday she was really burned out, though. I am already almost caught up, so I guess it is just a matter of familiarity. Our new person starts Nov. 30, but she has a weeks training in Winnipeg so we won't even see her until Dec 7. Maybe by February...... Mallorie has started working on some of the plans I haven't been able to get to. The ones she picked are a real mess and I am soooo glad it's her and not me. I changed two of my holidays to sick days last week. I figure it's not much of a holiday when you don't even get dressed. Jim has enlarged the hole between the living room and kitchen. It opens up the kitchen more, but it will take some getting used to. Of course, as he cut into the wall it spread a layer of white dust over the one room I did manage to get really clean last week! :) I have an AGM tonight and a regular board meeting after it. It could be a late night. Erin has a cold too, and we agreed that if we start to get fed up, we will both start coughing really hard. It should scare the others into ending the meeting fast. We are still having conflicts on what to do about the paid position in the VCC. I am afraid it will start to split the board. Monica phoned me at work yesterday and spent almost 20 minutes trying to convince me that her opinion was right. I don't think that it will come up at the meeting tonight because it is discussed in camera and there is a lot of other stuff on the agenda. I can only hope. Time for work... have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment