Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blogger glitch

Had a terrible time getting in today. Finally it asked if I wanted to change my password, and I was so frustrated I said yes. Then it took me directly to the dashboard. Go figure.

Boring week. We are both not well. Not really sick, but not really well. Finally I'm eligible for the flu shot, but still have remnants of a cold, and I'm not sure they'll give it to me. I'm also not sure I want it, as we are both suffering the same cold as we have had ever since David got the seasonal flu shot in early October.

Yesterday morning I helped Amber do some screen printing on a backdrop she plans to use for the children's Christmas party at work. They plan to sit Santa in front of the backdrop to take pictures. This means every child there, as it is part of the price for the party. Then I headed downtown to drop off the stuff I had for a sale at Dalnavert Museum. By then I was exhausted and only wanted to get home to bed for an hour or two before heading out to a quilters' guild meeting in the evening, where I had booked a sale table. Unfortunately I ran into what turned out to be a physical assault on a Post Office truck driver in the middle of Provencher Blvd. After the kurfuffle, I took a piece of paper out of my purse to give the driver my name and address etc, before heading to the bank to get my float for the evening's sale, and deposit a refund cheque from Blue Cross. No cheque. Did I use it to write my name on? I called David from the bank and, thank Goodness, had left the cheque at home. By now the adrenilyn is really flowing, and I was in no shape to sleep. So I ended up at the meeting in a bit of a fog. I took all of the stuff that I haven't been able to sell over the past 5 years. (I had cleaned out my corner cupboard so I could store more beads.) Most of it sold!! Shocked me!

So yesterday turned out to be a bit more exciting than my usual Friday. While I was at the Quilters' Guild meeting, I signed up for a two day workshop for next April. This is a "just because" gift to myself. I know the lady we are bringing in to teach, and bringing her in was my idea in the first place. Thank Goodness (again), I made enough money to cover the cost of the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment