Sunday, November 8, 2009

No sales Saturday either

I've never had that happen to me before, and, of course, I' m making my brain ache trying to figure out what happened. There were a number of people who said " I bought from you last time", or " I saw you in Pinawa" , and this might contain a kernal of truth. My stuff requires just the right buyer, and maybe I've flooded the market in those towns. Before the sale I had planned to take at least six months off ( after the end of the month), and I'm going to stick to that. I've been so involved in producing things to sell, that I haven't had a chance to do the things I really want to do. BUT, that's when procrastination steps in. We'll have to see what happens. I actually have an informal beading class set up for next Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Cathy, your quilt is next in the queue, and I should have it mended this week. I've taken a look at it, and I may have to change a couple of things, but you probably won't even notice them.

With David being sick, the children won't be over tonight for supper, so I'm going to give myself an artist's date and go out to look at Manitoba Art Expo at the race track. Dianne has a booth there, as well as a couple of other people I know, but I've promised myself that I'll look at everything. Amber tells me that her whole family managed to get their vaccine. The children were eligible, and, earlier in the week, when they took them into the clinic in St. Pierre, it was offered to the parents as well. Now Jessica is not really well ( and not really sick), so they were just as happy to stay home today. They're watching her pretty carefully, but not panicking yet. Just as well, the pediatric emegency is overwhelmed right now. After reacting so badly to the seasonal flu vaccine, David has no intention of getting the other one, and I'm not eligible for either--to young for one and too old for the other.

Amber has arranged a birthday party for Jessica at Ruckers on Wednesday ( Yeah--open on Remembrance Day-go figure) This is a local place that is a child's dream type of pinball parlour. I've never been in, but have looked through the windows. They have all sorts of fancy machines that operate off of tokens. Each child gets so many tokens as part of the party, and they have aparty room for cake and presents. We have to deliver our gifts there because it is a WebKin. Now these are cheap little stuffed animals that are connected to the Internet. Once you register your toy, you can go in and play games with it, or feed and care for it etc., but each registration is only good for one year, and the registration for the one Jessica got last year is up on the 14th. So she needs to get the new one registered by then--and then both toys can be played with. And Samantha is getting a baby doll that comes with it's own disposable diapers. She has taken lately to attempting to look after diaper changes in all of her dolls and animals, if she can find something to use as "bum cream". She actually got the real "bum cream" one day and smeared half a jar all over a fake fur teddy bear, and the ottoman in their living room. Amber was out and Darren had to clean it up--too bad!

Samantha loves to play with the baby doll we have here. It has its own blanket and eating utensils etc, but Amber told us they don't have one at home, so-o-o. We also bought a second package of diapers to keep here.

So-o-o My life revolves around changing diapers on dolls. What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment